Pages

Monday 1 February 2010

Endometrium thickness

Does clomid really thin out the lining more than injectables? The literature says that it only does this when taken on its own, but not when supplemented with estrogen.
From Dickey and Holtkamp, Human Reproduction Update 1996, Vol. 2, No. 6 pp. 483–506

Does endometrium thickness affect IUI outcome? Yes, significantly (p < 0.01). IUI birth rates per cycle for endometrium thickness at time of HCG trigger:
Regimen6 mm or less6 to 8 mm8 mm or greater
Clomid0%7.0%14.0%
From Dickey and Holtkamp, Human Reproduction Update 1996, Vol. 2, No. 6 pp. 483–506

At my scan yesterday (CD14) my endometrium thickness was 6.9 and my dominant follicle measured 19.6. We triggered last night, and the IUI is today. Looking over my last three cycles, I analysed my data and saw that, while Menopur thickened my lining more quickly, I also ovulated earlier at CD9. For all three cycles, my lining is around the same thickness right before ovulation, and it is far below average. At least this time it's above 6, which means we have a shot.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I know the follicle grows more in the day following trigger...I wonder if the lining thickens any between now and then?? Either way--you have a SHOT! Here's to hoping all works in your favor this go 'round!!

    ReplyDelete