Pages

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Ectopic ruled out

The doctor called me today, and told me that my hCG level was 19.

While this is good, in terms of no-emergency-surgery-for-an-ectopic, it is the final confirmation that this is indeed the end of this chapter.

Strange to think that I'd probably still produce a positive result on a home urine test.

I wonder how high my hCG levels got. Did they break 1500? Would we have been able to see a sac if we had gone in a week earlier?

It's funny, but this week is actually easier for me than last week. Those days of seeing all that blood, not knowing what was happening, and feeling so helpless were really tough. My heart would sore or dive depending on my symptoms. So much anxiety. Now that it is over, I don't need to worry any more. What's done is done.

In just over a week, I will be submitting my paperwork and picking up my medication for our first IVF cycle.

1 comment:

  1. I am so so sorry to read this. :-( Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete