Pages

Monday 6 September 2010

IVF#1: Transfer: One 7-cell embryo



Thank-you all for your wishes of good luck. The transfer went really well today. Sadly my husband was abroad on business, but I kept him updated with photos throughout the process. Once at the clinic I drank one litre of water then got dressed for the procedure, including my lucky socks.

The nurse wheeled me into the procedure room, and the doctor told me that two embryos had survived to Day 3. Today they were transferring a 7-cell embryo, and they were freezing a single 6-cell embryo. While I was a little sad that none of them were 8-celled, I am so happy that we have one for now and one for a FET.

I asked for a photo, and they said that they didn't do that there. How disappointing. I really wanted something to visualise over the next two weeks, and to maybe stick in a baby book one day. However, I did get to see the end of the catheter where the embryo was waiting, and I whispered it a quiet hello. Then I watched the ultrasound and saw this bright little star travel from right to left all the way through my womb until it found its home in the snug spot at the end.

As I sit here now, it is such a rare experience to know that there is a twinkle inside me that is stretching out, testing itself and its environment. Each cell division brings new challenges and checkpoints. I wonder if this tiny little thing has what's needed to keep on keeping on.

9 comments:

  1. Keep twinkling little twinkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it not the coolest thing you ever did see? I'm sorry your hubby wasn't able to be there with you :( Hoping your little twinkler snuggles in for the long haul! Take it easy these next few days & will anxiously be awaiting your results in 11 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it awesome to see the twinkle!! I loved that part.
    The lucky socks are awesome. Good luck to you and remember to take it easy for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the socks! Love the report more. I am so excited for you all.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your transfer!! I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD luck, Dandle! Fingers and toes are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I'm so glad you had one to freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! YAY! I am thinking great thoughts for you! I hope this is it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today was my 3 day transfer and I had 1 5 cell and 1 7 cell any success stories

    ReplyDelete