Pages

Tuesday 7 December 2010

7w0d Waiting

Today marks my seventh week of pregnancy, if indeed that is what I am. My husband likes to remind me that I can only claim five weeks of this as the true post-conception period. It has been three weeks since I saw those two pink lines. One more week until our first ultrasound.

During our last pregnancy, we had our ultrasound at seven weeks and received the news that I had already miscarried, like we suspected. This time around, I am feeling a little more hopeful. My betas were strong and doubling, I am feeling constantly queasy and tired, and I have not even had a single spot of spotting.

I am trying not to think about what any of this means until after the ultrasound. I keep imagining alternative scenarios - will we see a thriving little bouncing bean, or will we see nothing but a still and silent sorrow?

Seven days to go.

9 comments:

  1. Saying prayers for you & crossing my fingers that you see tiny little arm/leg buds waving at you in 7 days :) Hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there and stay as positive as you can. Queasy and tired are good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so hope you see a beautiful heartbeat and a little dancing bean. Good luck next week. I'm having my first ultrasound next week too, but I'll be only 7 weeks at that time, you'll probaby be able to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is your xmas present! Enjoy it. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I focus all I have directly at your navel, er, uterus.... Feel it?

    We all already love that baby and cannot wait to welcome him or her home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being queasy is SUCH a GOOD sign!!!! As awful as I have felt for months, I keep reminding myself that means I have a nice healthy pregnancy going on...and so do you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waiting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dandle!! Just catching up on your posts. Wowzer! What amazing news. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck! hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete