Pages

Sunday 8 August 2010

Nasal pulverization

I started my suppression today. How exciting. I went to sleep last night like it was the day before my birthday. Then I managed to sleep through my alarm for my first dose.

I will not be taking one shot of Lupron in the belly each night. I will be squirting Suprefact (buserelin) four times a day up my nose (7am, noon, 5pm 10pm). Over here in Europe, they love their nasal sprays. Lupron and Suprefact are both gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnR) agonists that interact with the GnR receptor. As they both act on the pituitary gland, I suppose that it has a shorter distance to travel if it starts in my nostrils. This will be especially fun at work, when I have to sneak into the bathroom with my handbag several times a day and secretly sniff up my drugs. I hope no-one thinks that I’ve developed a cocain habit.

I don’t even know if I’m doing it right - It feels so weird to inhale it, but at least it’s not another daily injection. Though by the end of this, I wonder if I will prefer one small jab to multiple daily puffs.

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment