Pages

Saturday 21 August 2010

Welcome ICLW

If you have found your way over here from ICLW, then welcome. This is my first time participating.

Our reproductive history
1. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for 26 months.
2. Many things about our reproductive systems seem a little bit off - my tubes are slightly blocked, I have too many intrapelvic adhesions, I ovulate a little bit early, my lining is a little bit thin, his sperm count is a little bit low.
4. All four of our IUIs were unsuccessful.
5. We have had two spontaneous conceptions that ended too soon. We do not know why.
6. We are currently in the middle of our first IVF cycle.

My dreams and wishes
1. It was my new year's resolution to be pregnant by the end of the year. Next year I will be more specific, and resolve to get and stay pregnant.
2. I am very hopeful IVF will be our answer.
3. I dream of reading Winnie the Pooh and Matilda to our child.

About me
1. I haven't really bought any clothes for two years, because I always hope to be pregnant next month.
2. I love Disney but I feel terribly guilty about it because I think the Princesses are terrible role-models.
3. My favourite Starbucks drink is a non-fat white hot chocolate with sugar-free caramel syrup.
4. My favourite ice-cream is Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough.
5. I am terrified of driving.
6. I don't really like my belly, so I am so looking forward to having a baby bump instead.
7. My current favourite TV shows are Glee, Gossip Girl, and The Big Bang Theory.
8. I love graphs and statistics. I seem to think that if I can chart it, then I can predict it, and if I can predict it, then I can control it.
9. I hate olives.

12 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for the comment you left on my blog! Fellow Glee fan checking in! :)

    I'm so sorry for the difficult journey you've been on. You've been through a lot, and I hope this IVF cycle brings you a very happy ending! I'll be following along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your IVF cycle!!

    ICLW #66

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comment left on my blog! It's so nice to know there are others out there going through the same thing as you!

    Wishing you lots of luck with your IVF journey! I'll be following you to see how this all plays out!

    Take care & good luck!
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love that in your post today you mentioned not buying clothes for two years in hopes that they won't fit. I have been doing the same--only when I do break down and need retail therapy, I buy looser/more flowy things than normal.

    Good luck! Hoping we all get good news soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment you left on my blog :-) I can relate to so many of the things you wrote - namely the clothes (I haven't brought many decent clothes in two years!), wanting a baby bump to disguise my tummy (hehe) I am also terrified of driving and don't enjoy it one bit (I have my licence but have a tendency to avoid it unless I have to) and even though it's been years since I was last in the states I have never forgotten Ben & Jerry's! Good luck for your IVF cycle!!

    ICLW#10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from ICLW...just want to leave a note of encouragement. The good news is that you had a spontaneous pregnancy! That means that there are good eggs in there. For natural pregnancies there is a statistical 40% chance of miscarriage all the same. You're on the right track & I hope that you succeed with your first IVF cycle. One note: if you have what I call "implantation failure" then what you may want to consider asking your RE if he does what I do... (All my IUI & IVF patients follow this) My approach to patients with implantation failure is to add the following medications:

    1. Aspirin 81 mg per day beginning at the start of the cycle.
    2. Heparin 2000 units twice per day beginning at the start of the cycle.
    3. Medrol 16 mg daily until transfer then 8 mg from that point until positive pregnancy, then stop.
    4. Increase progesterone to 50 mg injection plus Endometrin 100 mg twice per day vaginally. The injections starts on the day of the retrieval and the suppositories start the day after the transfer.

    Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello fellow aussie! I also love graphs and statistics and for my last IVF I had a colour coded and alphabeticised chart that I used to look at for fun. Fingers crossed this cycle works for you!!

    ICLW #160
    cw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I am just stopping over from ICLW. I will resolve to not buy new clothes because I hope to get pregnant and then decide that I just love shopping too much to relaly follow through!! You are stronger than me! Haha. Oh, and my husband detests olives - like he won't kiss me if I have one! And he's Spanish!!

    Anyway, good luck with this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely intro. I dream of reading Dumbo and The Lion King...

    Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too didn't buy clothes for two years. And I love Gossip Girl and Glee, AND I love to chart and graph everything. I love the facts. I knew I liked you for a reason ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi from ICLW, and best of luck with your IVF cycle! I hope this is it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun list!
    I am going to try your starbucks drink someday soon.
    You dont know how many times I've wished I could blame a big belly day on pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete